Everyone has appreciated a ” day off “.
We headed off to the ‘Word of Hope’ church, Melanie’s old church when she worked in Manila.
Unlike the ‘Union Church’ last Sunday this was a local Filopino church. It conducts services in both Tagalog and English, with 2 auditoriums , which were packed to the rafters for our English service.
Service started with a very enthusiastic music ministry, complete with lights, musicians, dancers, a song leader and choir!
A child dedication followed with the entire congregation praying for the child, the parents, and the sponsors.
The sermon titled ‘Help From Above’ was based on Psalm 121 vs 1-5. Split into 3 topics – source, strength n scope, we were reminded that we need divine help, from birth, through life to death.
The strength of our Lord is such that ” He who watches over us will not slumber”. And His mercy n grace will never stop = scope.
A quick lunch n shopping trip to stock up for Marilao included the “Big Squid”!
Cheryl’s dinner wish came true, as the heavens opened n Pizza Hut delivered , which was washed down with a French Chardonnay! ??
We leave for Marilao early tomorrow morning, ready to jump back into action. Please pray for a quick trip. See u all there!!
- Church is closed this Sunday 27th August
- Notice of Meeting and Agenda – Annual General Meeting 2023
- 2022 Christmas Services
- EFCA Quarterly Financial Update
- 35th Anniversary Combined Service
- 2022 Annual Assembly EFCA AGM
- Notice of Meeting and Agenda – Annual General Meeting 2022
- Q&A – Gen 3 & Rom 8 – 3 Oct 2021
- Q&A – 1 Cor 12 – 1 Aug 2021
- Encouragement & Welcoming Q&A – 24th June 2021